Sunday, May 11, 2008

feel the music

Chan Marshall....

aaaaaaaaaaaaah. graduate school is disgusting, i really wouldnt wish it on anyone. i was supposed to attend a fabulous brunch today, but instead am cooped up in my apartment on my computer working on a final exam for my psychopathology class,,, drinking jasmine green tea and listening to cat power on vinyl. her album, free is so damn good. i think it is def the most under-recognized albums; especially since the lovely eddie veder does back up vocals on one of the songs which makes me tear up everytime. i am excited for tonight though, it will be a good distraction from my papers. hutch and i are going to boston to see dizzee rascal, el-p and bus driver. i LOVE dizzee rascal.
i was thinking the other day about a couple of my inspirations for style that have pretty much been constants in my mind for awhile now. you know how when you see someone you get a sort of warmth inside? i feel like that when i think of this woman. there will be more to come, but for now, Erykah Badu. you are YOU.
(i realize that my blog is a bit lacking in the inspiration for the boys, it will come.....right now i just need to be selfish and fulfill my own needs)

"You need to pick yo afro daddy because its flat on one side.
You need to pick yo
afro daddy because its flat on one side (what you waitin on?). Well if you don't pick yo afro, you're gonna have one side high.
You said you was gon take me to see Wu-Tang baby, so I braided my hair
(yes you
did).You said you was gon take me to see Wu-Tang baby, so I braided my hair(yep cornroll & every thang baby). But you changed your mind and said we wasn't goin, but my momma saw you there (yes she did.....no check this out). Well I be blowin up yo pager daddy, but you never call back. Well I be puttin in 9-1-1
baby, but you never call me back... no no. See if you don't know how to use
that pager daddy, I'm gonna take that hoe back"
-erykah badu


3 comments:

sfaparazzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sfaparazzi said...

i like the egon

Sam said...

I LOVE YOU ERYKAH.